We are passionate about our motto that success comes through good service. We strive to do this with a combined experience of our service and repair staff and our Quality Control Manager ensures that standards are maintained.
TRU-TEMP with their years of experience and outstanding dedication to customer services place them in an excellent position to provide air-conditioning solutions from the correct selection of equipment, its proper installation and its efficient maintenance to proper spares support that will give you not only the best long-term performance, but the economy to breath a little easier. Our financial stability and efficient administration have made us long term survivors in a difficult and competitive industry.
To achieve this, Tru-Temp is divided into five business units, which focus on your point of need.
Sales and Design – 6 Personnel
Installation – 5 Teams
Repairs – 5 Teams
Preventative Maintenance – 6 Teams
Administration and Management – 7 Personnel
*We comply with all Labour Legislation & relevant Certificates. E.g. BBBEE, COID & VAT Certificates are available on request.
At Tru-Temp Air Conditioning, we are committed to provide, maintain and improve a safe workplace to ensure the safety and health of our employees. It is also for contractors, clients and visitors which is conducive to productivity and job satisfaction.
Tru-Temp Air Conditioning will comply with the requirements of all applicable occupational safety and health legislation. As well as where adequate laws don’t exist, develop work practices that reflect its commitment to safety and health.
To achieve this we:
- Promote a culture that integrates safety into all aspects of production and operations.
- Take all practical measures to identify hazards, assess and control risks.
- Ensure that management accepts responsibility to provide and maintain a work environment where people are not exposed to hazards.
- Inform all employees of their responsibility and empower them to protect their own health and that of others.
- Encourage all employees and contractors/sub-contractors to comply with established safe work practices and ensure their own health.
- Consult and cooperate with its employees, contractors/sub-contractors to ensure that all practical measures are undertaken. This is to improve occupational safety and health performance when and where necessary.
- Provide adequate training, time and ongoing resources in order to ensure an effective and efficient Occupational Safety and Health Program. It’s for the benefit of all its employees and contractors/sub-contractors (where applicable) and for the implementation of this policy.
This policy commits Tru-Temp Air Conditioning to an Occupational Safety and Health Programme. Not only in compliance with legislation but also as an integral part of its total management philosophy. It is kept under continuous review and will be formally reviewed every year by the company and its employees.
Tru-Temp Air Conditioning has documented a comprehensive Occupational Health & Safety Management System that meets the South African standards. It encourages a safe working environment for all its employees, contractors/sub-contractors and customers.
The OHS Management System includes, but is not limited, to the following areas:
- Employee Induction and Training
- Contractor Approval
- Responsibilities of Employees, Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Continuous Improvement
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Incident Management
- Accidents and First Aid
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Workplace Inspection Procedures
- Safe Working Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Working Alone
- Driving Policy
- Working at Heights
- Scaffold Procedure
- Hot Work Permit
- Transportation of Gas Cylinders
The Management of Tru-Temp Air Conditioning recognises the importance of environmental issues, and the need to establish clear goals. Strategies to implement and monitor preventative programmes, practices and responsibilities should be implemented too.
It is our policy to operate in a manner that will protect both the environment and health of our employees. This also includes all other persons associated with the company.
To achieve this policy, we will expect all employees of the company to cooperate with the environmental management plan.
The Management will:
- Develop environmental awareness throughout the company
- Set environmental standards for all persons to follow at all times
- Comply with all environmental laws, regulations and permits
- Ensure all employees are aware and accept their responsibilities to provide a safe free environment.
The company in return seeks the cooperation of all employees to:
- Support and promote environmental practices at the workplace
- Follow company rules and government laws and regulations at all times.
The training of our employees has been instrumental in the growth that Tru-Temp has experienced since its inception in 1973.
Our philosophy has been that a technician should be knowledgeable about the tasks that he is performing. This allows work to be carried out in a safe manner and the standard of work/productivity is greatly improved too.
Some of the training initiatives that Tru-Temp Airconditioning has implemented include:
- First Aid Training
- Testing & Tagging Procedures
- Manufacturers Training and Certification for Airconditioning systems
- Electrical Termination and Testing
- Gas Licences
- In-house Training and Mentoring for all Services